Paying taxes by credit card is an available convenience of CompleteTax. Consider paying federal taxes online or paying state taxes online after finishing your return.
Paying taxes by credit card or debit card gives you the flexibility of quick payment options.
Paying federal taxes online is one of the options provided by our partner Official Payments*. Charging your federal tax payment to a credit card offers a convenient way to give you some extra time to pay tax, no matter the balance due, via the terms of your credit card provider. You can also maximize credit card rewards by earning points, miles, or money back for every dollar you pay, depending on your card's reward program.
Here are some additional details:
- To charge your taxes, visit www.officialpayments.com* or call toll free 1-866-4PAY-TAX (1-866-472-9829).
- This service is available for paying federal taxes online and paying state taxes online for certain state returns filed on or before October 20, 2013.
- American Express®, Visa®, MasterCard®, and Discover® are accepted.
- A convenience fee of 2.49% of the amount of your Federal tax payment will be charged for the use of this service. The convenience fee for state payments may vary. A $1 convenience fee when paying taxes by credit card will be charged for all tax payments less than $40.
- The tax payment charge and convenience fee charge will appear separately on your credit card statement. The tax payment services will appear as "U.S. Treasury Tax Payment" and the convenience fee will appear as "Tax Payment Convenience Fee".
- When paying taxes by credit card for high balance due payments, the charge will be broken into increments of $99,999 or lower depending on the institution that issues the credit card.
CompleteTax Income Tax Preparation Software provides Tax Tools, Federal Income Tax Forms, Online State Tax Forms and more.